Periprosthetic joint infections and osteomyelitis
Orthopedic infections such as perirosthetic joint infection (PJI) or bone infections (osteomyelitis) are rare but difficult to diagnose and to treat due to biofilm formation. Together with an interdisciplinary treatment team of orthopedic surgeons, internists and microbiologists we give recommendations for an optimal diagnostic and the least invasive but most successful surgical and antibiotic treatment. We have visits twice a week at the orthopedic University Hospital Balgrist Zürich and once a week at Schulthess Klinik Zürich.
Please go to Group_Achermann, Group Zinkernagel.
Infectious Diseases consultant service USZ
- PD Dr. med Yvonne Achermann, Attending physician
- Prof. Dr. med. Annelies Zinkernagel, Senior Attending physician
- PD Dr. Barbara Hasse, Attending physician meV
- PD Dr. med. Dominique Braun, Attending physician
- Dr. med. Nadja Eberhard, Attending physician
- Dr. med. Silvio Brugger, Attending physician
Registration and information
Phone. +41 44 255 33 22 or 075 432 04 89(daytime)
Phone. +41 44 255 11 11 (nights, weekends
and public holidays)